What does a PBSES Coach do?
The Positive Behavior Social Emotional Coach trains, coaches, and consults with teachers and staff to recommend appropriate classroom interventions for students with behavior supports, provides crisis intervention, and provides tools for adults to interact appropriately with social-emotional challenges.
- leader in promoting understanding of PBSES
- trainer and coach working directly with staff to implement interventions
- providing whole school professional development in which they inform about evidence-based practices of PBIS, SEL, Positive relationships and Proactive Classroom Management.
- collector of data to monitor progress and aid in decision making
- maintaining the PBSES team that creates/evaluates the school-wide behavior expectations, using data-based decision making, and problem solving process to work within the multiple tiers of support.
Discovery Elementary Expectations
Discovery students can earn Eagle Tokens for displaying expected behaviors. Each class is collecting tokens and working to meet an established goal. Once an established goal is reached, each class celebrates with a classroom-chosen reward.
The Importance of Social Emotional Learning
Second Step is Issaquah School District's curriculum for Social Emotional Learning
Second Step is a program rooted in social-emotional learning (SEL) that helps transform schools into supportive, successful learning environments uniquely equipped to encourage children to thrive. More than just a classroom curriculum, Second Step’s holistic approach helps create a more empathetic society by providing education professionals, families, and the larger community with tools to enable them to take an active role in the social-emotional growth and safety of today’s children.